Archiving Outlook Email
To automate the archiving of your email you'll need to complete 2 steps:
STEP 1: Go into your Outlook Web App and add retention policies.
- Close Outlook if you have it open.
- Log into Outlook Web App to add your retention policies
- Click on in the top right hand corner and then on Options.
- In Options, click on organize email and then retention policies.
- By default, there will not be any retention policies available until you select them.
- Click on the "+" to add retention policies.
- Add the retention policies you want to use. For this example, we recommend one of the Archive polices like “1 Month move to Archive.”
- Log out of Outlook Web App
STEP 2: Assign the retention policy to emails or folders in Outlook.
- Open Outlook or Outlook Web Apps.
- Right-click on one of the emails or an email folder you wish to auto-archive and click on Properties; you should see a new tab – Policy. Click on it.
- Under the Policy tab, you should see an Online Archive section in the lower half of the window. If you click on the drop-down menu under "Move Items to the Archive when older then:" you'll see the retention policies you just added when you were in Outlook Web App. Select the retention policy you want to use and click on Apply, then on OK.