Creating VoiceThread Presentations
VoiceThread can be used for online presentations. Students can view and comment on a presentation, but are unable to create their own VoiceThreads from it.
Here's how to create a VoiceThread presentation
- From your course's main page, click on the pencil icon to turn on editing.
- Click "Add an activity or resource"
- Choose the “External Tool” activity
- Name the Assignment.
- For “External tool type,” choose "VoiceThread"
- Click on Save and Display at the bottom.
- The VoiceThread interface appears.
- Chooise "Individual VT." This will open VoiceThread in a new tab
- Click "Create new VoiceThread at the top.
- To record a video of yourself, click "Add Media," then choose “Webcam Video” (See below for PowerPoint presentations)
- In the screen that appears, choose “video.” You may see an additional box asking to allow or deny access to your webcam. If this box appears, choose “Allow.”
- VoiceThread will then countdown from 3. When the countdown ends, you will appear and VoiceThread starts recording.
- Click the red stop button to finish recording. VoiceThread will play back your recording. If you like it, click Save.
- Click “Share”
- Find your class on the list, then click the blue Share button
- On your browser, go back to the last tab with Converge
- Click "refresh list" in the upper left corner of the VoiceThread window
- Your new VoiceThread recording will appear. Select it, then click "Share with Class"
- For uploading a PowerPoint presentation, drag the PowerPoint file to the VoiceThread window. The target area will turn blue.
- Wait a moment for your presentation to finish uploading. Then click on Comment.
- The first slide in your presentation will appear. You can comment by recording audio or video of yourself, typing, or having VoiceThread call your phone. *If you use audio or video, you may advance the slides while making comments. You can also “write” on the slides ask you record.
- After you have finished recording, VT will automatically play back your audio and/or video. If the recording is acceptable, click "Save."
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the VoiceThread window.
*Continue above by clicking here